• May 22, 2018 at 5:27 pm #1569
    racemarshal
    Participant

Lots of people are asking:

Is there transportation to/from the race start/finish?

Do you have a similar question? Do you have an answer? SEVENTY48 isn’t providing any transportation, but everyone will have to answer this question at some point, or plan to relocate permanently.

• May 22, 2018 at 11:06 pm #1570
    HMS Swiftsure
    Participant

I hadn’t thought of the “relocate permanently” option, but that actually sounds pretty good!

For me, it’s looking like I’ll plan to stay overnight in PT after arriving, see off the R2AK squad the following morning, then row over to Keystone on Whidbey Island where my son will pick me up with the trailer.

I’ll have my boat on our cargo trailer, but there’d be room for a kayak or a couple of SUP boards if anyone wanted to catch a ride back to the greater Seattle area.

• May 26, 2018 at 1:45 am #1620
    HarryO
    Participant

I am planning on leaving my VW Vanagon Westfalia at the Port Townsend Marina on Friday, so it will be waiting for me whenever (if?) I get to PT. I plan on crawling in there Wednesday night for some deep sleep and already have a campsite reserved at the Marina. If I manage to wake up in time to see the R2AK teams launch that would be cool!

I guess I will be driving to the Kingston Ferry sometime on Thursday morning and from there to Seattle. Unless one of my local SUP buddies decides they want a ride, I can take one more SUP and paddler back to Kingston or Seattle or anywhere in between.

• June 5, 2018 at 3:05 am #1671
    Team Oaracle
    Participant

Looking for a ride from PT back to Tacoma on June 12 or 13, or alternatively someone to drive my vehicle from Tacoma to PT after the race starts. Other suggestions welcome.

• June 5, 2018 at 3:53 pm #1672
    AquaVan
    Participant

I noticed there’s a boat ramp next to the NW Maritime Center. Will we be able to use that at the end of the race?

• June 5, 2018 at 5:33 pm #1673
    Daniel Evans

Oh yes. Low tide is bad, like most ramps. But it is fully available. For low tides where your tires end up in mud you can also use the Boat Haven ramp (about 1.5 miles to the West) which is good at all tides. And if it’s a hand recovery we will likely have people around to help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.