After spending a staggering amount of time planning and training, I finished Seventy 48 after 21.5 continuous hours on the oars. Now, a year later, I still feel the boost in confidence, resilience and well-being.
For those preparing this year, I offer one-on-one coaching to give you the benefit of lessons learned. This coaching is about strategy, gear, local knowledge and safety. It is not about physical training and nutrition. Sessions are conducted by video conference or face-to-face.
Typical topics include:
• What are the tough and easy legs of the course
• Practicing night operations
• Optimizing currents
• Dealing with the Port Townsend Canal currents
• Dealing with ship and ferry traffic
• Gear and lights that worked
• The 20-mile strategy and mental toughness
• Case studies of finishers and non-finishers
Coaching is customized for your specific needs, and your existing knowledge base with an emphasis on safety. You can contact me through my website; theoceancoach.com